Pentoo Linux is a Gentoo-based Linux distribution that runs as a Live CD or Live USB. Pentoo has been designed to provide a penetration testing and security assessment solution through the use of Nessus and Metasploit. Pentoo uses the Enlightenment window manager, is optimized for Pentium III architecture, and supports package modularity like Slax.
The most recent version of Pentoo, Pentoo 2009.0 just came out today. Pentoo 2009.0 includes several notable changes. Here’s the most important.
- Kernel 220.127.116.11 with aufs and squashfs-lzma
- Wifi stack 2.6.32_rc7 with injection and fragmentation patches
- Qemu plus virt-manager for playing with VMs
- Updated tools and applications like msf, exploit-db, kismet, sqlmap, and Firefox
- Added packages like airpwn, wapiti, and pppd
- Fixed some Nvidia and Intel graphics problems